Re: What is the "open web" ?

Le 3 juin 2013 à 20:04, Jeff Jaffe a écrit :
> I don't believe that we've ever formulated a formal policy that W3C Recommendations must be implementable in open source, but it is certainly a practice that we have followed assiduously for several years and continue to do so.

Not a policy but hints.

> Web for All
> The social value of the Web is that it enables human communication, commerce, and opportunities to share knowledge. One of W3C's primary goals is to make these benefits available to all people, whatever their hardware, software, network infrastructure, native language, culture, geographical location, or physical or mental ability.
— http://www.w3.org/Consortium/mission.html

Also

> On 29 August 2012 five leading global organizations jointly signed an agreement to affirm and adhere to a set of Principles in support of The Modern Paradigm for Standards

with a link to http://open-stand.org/principles/
which is not exactly a praise for open source.

That said I do not think it is really a question of opensource products, but of standards which are freely implementable by anyone (opensource included). This means a working and interoperable system.

--
Karl Dubost
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/