Re: "Revealed: how Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages"

On 7/11/2013 5:54 PM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Jeff Jaffe:
> The NSA also is responsible for malware such as Stuxnet and Flame.
>
>>> Are you kidding us? A closed implementation of WHATEVER can host
>>> anything inside it,
>> Sure I understand that part, but that appears to be related to the
>> fact that certain companies ship closed code and has nothing to do
>> with the specifics of EME.
> EME is an attempt to get proprietary software (CDMs) included in systems
> which with the exception of that proprietary software contains
> reasonably secure Open Source and to attack Open Source in general.

I don't think that this is at all what EME is attempting to do.

There are systems in the world that as you say are built on reasonably
secure Open Source.

If these systems are also interested in viewing premium content, they
also already have proprietary software to view that content.

If they are not interested in viewing the premium content, they won't
have EME either.