Re: Update on Element Queries

cc'ing Tab for comment...

On September 6, 2016 at 6:44:44 AM, Tommy Hodgins (tomhodgins@gmail.com) wrote:
> > The RICG has positioned itself as the unofficial authority
> on this issue to people are looking to it for answers, but as somebody
> working with element queries every day I have to ask, “Where is
> the RICG?” From all appearances it seems dead in the water.

Not at all... but I think a lot of us have been waiting to see what
magic the Houdini effort produces. IIUC (which I might not, because
I've not been following), it's supposed to enable user-land solution
to things like element queries.

> I’m ready to get moving on this! Is anybody with me?

We are all with you :) But I'll defer to Tab on how the group should proceed.

It might be that creating an informal specification for
implementation, in the spirit of the Promises A+ spec, might be a
great start.

Having said that, it could be good to make necessary changes to:
https://github.com/ResponsiveImagesCG/container-queries

And maybe see if the stuff coming out of Houdini will be able to
actually give us element queries.