Re: Creating Responsive Images (New Group)

Awesome stuff.

My originally thoughts were on creating a new image format. Something of a
Query-able Network Graphic. This is all "blue sky" of course but what I was
thinking was the image would have a 1K header with a collection of meta
tag's  with references to offset's in the image data and the web browser
would jump to that offset. If no matching tag was found then the entire
image would be displayed.

This would not just be beneficial for responsive but for a whole host of
applications one in my domain of expertise would be for GIS; Web Map tiles
and image overlays would benefit huge from this kind of approach.

I am glad there are people out there thinking / working on these kinds of
things. I've always believed in a purist approach to responsive design
keeping the styling logic in the css and the mark-up separate. With an
image format based solution for responsive design that remains a reality.

I would be more then willing to contribute my personal time to any efforts
along this approach.

Cheers

Paul