Re: JPEG 2000 (was: Multiple image files?)

From: Frédéric Kayser <f.kayser@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 01:27:58 +0100
Cc: Eric Portis <lists@ericportis.com>
To: public-respimg@w3.org
Hi,
Setting quality to 50 in Photoshop activated 4:2:0 chroma sub-sampling, but you didn't use sub-sampling for the JPEG2000 file (-s 2,2).

To visually see the effects of chroma-subsampling this test pattern can be used:
https://bug856375.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=813475
Notice the impact on color when quality is set to 50 and below compared to 51 and more.