Re: [respimg] a perfect responsive solution should not tamper the HTML syntax with too much repeating information

On October 28, 2013 at 6:35:47 PM, Larry Garfield (larry@garfieldtech.com) wrote:

>On 10/24/13 6:38 AM, Carsten Berggreen wrote:
>> I have worked with optimizing my CMS and websites/campaigns since 1997,
>> and for the past 11 years in my own company.
>>
>> My solution to responsive images is to the the SERVER do the tricks.
>
>Which breaks down as soon as you don't have a server. Local
>development, template development, eBooks (ePub, remember, is HTML)...
>you very often don't have a server to do logic, responsive or otherwise.

Sometimes you have a server, but no control over it. Anyway, it’s pretty clear we need solutions that can handle both the online and offline/declarative use cases. Client Hints (CH) + src-n are good fits here and work is currently happening in CH repo to make sure they play nicely together.