Re: JPEG 2000 (was: Multiple image files?)

From: Frédéric Kayser <f.kayser@free.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 01:42:22 +0200
Cc: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
To: public-respimg@w3.org
If Mozilla is serious about its integrated PDF viewer they will have to better support JPEG 2000 since it is part of the PDF specs.
See 7.4.9 JPXDecode Filter in:
http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/pdf/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf

Current JPX file support in PDF.js (the PDF renderer used by Firefox) is suboptimal.
Compare Google Chrome and Firefox rendering of this file:
http://fanat1k.ru/tmp/test_pdf.pdf

The iBooks reader on iOS devices also displays JPEG 2000 images found in PDF files since iOS 5 (it was not the case before).

Hey, PDF is a nice trojan horse!

Regards
--
Frédéric Kayser