Re: JPEG 2000 (was: Multiple image files?)

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 18:55:32 +0100
To: "lists@ericportis.com" <lists@ericportis.com>
Cc: Jason Grigsby <jason@cloudfour.com>, Eduardo Marques <ebmarques@gmail.com>, "public-respimg@w3.org" <public-respimg@w3.org>

On Monday, October 21, 2013 at 6:27 PM, lists@ericportis.com wrote:

> I'd love to hear more from browser vendors about why the format never made the cut, historically.

Wish I could give that insight, but I'm too new at Mozilla  :(  However, JPEG2000 is also being discussed as part of the thread about the image formats study:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/9NKc7OeEFLM

See this message from Henri, who has been with Mozilla for about 10 years:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.platform/9NKc7OeEFLM/4B_JtvpiKTgJ

Hopefully that helps a bit.

--
Marcos Caceres