Re: What do we do with picture?

It was only 20 days ago that src-n was first discussed on this list.

I *think* I like src-n. It seems to have a lot of promise. But after months
or years of discussing picture and srcset, I feel like I need more time
before saying, "Yeah, src-n is a winner."

Seems strange to be asked to drop picture so quickly. Is the same request
being made of srcset?

If I were a betting man, I'd say our energy is going to figuring out if
src-n will work or not. So it is probably low risk to move picture to a
note now, but it does seem premature. If we move it to a note and then we
find that src-n doesn't live up to its promise, then what's the process to
resurrect it?

My guess given the fact people have been trying to kill picture for quite
some time, if it is published as a note, there is no going back. So we
better be damn sure we're cool with src-n.

-Jason