Re: src and srcset

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM, François REMY wrote:

> | Can't we just reuse @src and say it takes an "image candidate string"?
>
> I think it makes sense.
This is now reflected in the latest editor's draft:
http://wilto.github.com/draft-prop/ResponsiveImages.html

All, please remember that an Editor's draft is a straw-person for discussion and has no formal standing.

Also, everyone is free to contribute text to the spec. We really need help finishing the Use Cases (both in the spec and the ones we are trying to capture on Github):
https://github.com/Wilto/draft-prop/blob/master/UseCaseComparisons.md

If we strongly believe that img@srcset is not the right solution for responsive images, then it is imperative that this be shown through the documented use cases (i.e., we need to show, through code, that the img@srcset solution is not adequate and that <picture> is better suited to the use cases).

We also need to show real websites that are making use of <picture> (or something like it). We've started capturing those in our Wiki (see "Currently using the proposed pattern"):
https://github.com/Wilto/draft-prop/wiki/Current-users,-polyfills,-prototypes,-and-implementations

Kind regards,
Marcos

--