Re: Meaning of identifierSpace and schemaSpace

Historically in Freebase the Types themselves were grouped under Domains
sometimes.

We had Domains like /business and /music etc.
and each Type in the Domain (like "artist") had an ID that showed which
domain it was under like this Type "/music/artist".

Then the more general concept was namespaces and keys
https://developers.google.com/freebase/guide/basic_concepts

Wikidata Items directly translate to Freebase Topic MIDs ( like /m/0dgw9r
<https://tools.wmflabs.org/freebase/m/0dgw9r> )

OId MQL ... but this might help you understand... When you inserted a new
value into Freebase you would get back the identifier MID of the triple, in
this case upon inserting the key value "eol" into the "/biology" namespace
(which is essentially a Domain)

[{
  "id":   "/m/0cnstys",
  "type": "/type/namespace",
  "key": [{
    "connect":   "insert",
    "namespace": "/biology",
    "value":     "eol"
  }]
}]

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/freebase-discuss/jeff$20prucher$20authority|sort:date/freebase-discuss/qiKeBzTMsks/rDtwPUNDClQJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/freebase-discuss/jeff$20prucher$20authority|sort:date/freebase-discuss/WdwYwZKSLtM/6Qc5EosrG28J

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/freebase-discuss/jeff$20prucher$20authority|sort:date/freebase-discuss/OoRk6BsxWyQ/jCXs-PSn3woJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/freebase-discuss/mql$20namespace|sort:date/freebase-discuss/KMQRKrcTYck/zPKBnyncOj4J

*My initial reaction is that the schemaSpace is more about Domains and that
the identifierSpace is about namespaces and keys* (where we stored unique
identifiers and was the old soft key system).
Since Wikidata has no direct Types or Domains, there is nothing to
translate there I think.

Thad
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/