Re: Next meeting agenda (October 2015)

On 10/09/2015 10:47 AM, Austin William Wright wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:50 AM, elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Austin,
>>
>> Thank you for your feedback!
>>
>> Do you actually want to participate in this meeting and find gitter and
>> G+ Hangout inaccessible *for you*? I would prefer to focus on GTD and
>> avoid ideological debates as much as possible. I don't think people
>> would have huge issue with using IRC for his meeting if this *helps you*
>> to join us, when it comes to G+ Hangout we don't know if we can use
>> WebEx today and some people can find dialing +1 number not accessible,
>> while (also proprietary!) WebEx plugin seems to not work well on some
>> linux architectures :(
>>

> I've been looking forward to a teleconference since the CG was initially
> proposed, of course I'll participate.
Awesome :) Happy to hear that & thank you for dedicating your time!

> If we're going to be picking a medium, weighing the strengths and
> weaknesses of the alternatives is kind of unavoidable.
>
> I don't have any issues with G+ /as such/, but I note it is proprietary...
> my previous computer, a Linux box, simply wouldn't receive and send audio
> at the same time through Hangouts, a throughly frustrating experience for
> me. Mostly I just don't think I've ever heard the suggestion from a WG or
> CG before, and I'm not very excited about video.
I assume that you know about recent change - W3C dismissed Zakim bridge
(with support for SIP) and moved to WebEx (proprietary techonology)
* https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices

> More than anything else, I *would* highly encourage use of the IRC channel
> for realtime text communications. If the issue is that the W3C server
> doesn't have a big enough an audience, then maybe create a Freenode
> channel, like I did for JSON Schema. (There's many other channels relevant
> to us on Freenode, too.) I'm not sure what gitter.im gets us, but that
> requires my GitHub account, and took a non-trivial amount of time to figure
> out just now.
I believe that open source and federated technology will become the
future of social online collaboration, saying that as participant of
(W3C Social Acivity). At the same time we still have some work to make
it happen. I would ask everyone to stay flexible and avoid taking
dogmatic position. I believe everyone can *contribute* to W3C Modern
Tooling effort! Some relevant links
* https://w3c.github.io/modern-tooling/#de-facto-github
* https://w3c.github.io/using-github/
* https://github.com/w3c/modern-tooling/issues/16

IMO will come out of hard work put into coding, not so much into lobbing

> The accessibility issue is just one I raise on behalf of potential new
> developers. Effective participation now requires an email box, W3C account,
> GitHub account, *and* a Google account, each with their own requirements.
For people who offer actual contributions to this group which in
practice means to RDF *javascript* environment, using github seems like
an obvious choice to collaborate on code, gitter just offer tiny layer
of convenience and Interaction Experience which many people appreciate.

I would like to propose limiing time for all those online workspaces
issues to maximum first 10 minutes of this meeting. Agree on what we can
use for now and in case we don't reach consensus, people who object can
raise issues which we will work on resolving *after the meeting*. I
commit myself to collaborate on resolving them together with persons who
raised it.

>> BTW I haven't noticed your name on http://doodle.com/poll/fxz8cvvw35gzkyrh
>

> I don't think I could figure out how to add my name when I saw it, maybe it
> was closed as it is now?
>
> In any event, any day is good for me, including the scheduled one.
Once again, Happy that you will join!!!