Re: Wrap-Up of Meet-Up at ESWC2014

Hi Michael,

Thanks for summarizing. I hope to contribute some interesting reads to this list in the future,
and I'll hopefully contribute to the tutorial stuff as well.
But I guess code is my first priority for this community now :-)

Some remarks:

> ## Autocompletion
> One of the features JavaScript is used from a broader community (as this depends on the use of JavaScript if you don’t want to fall back into plugins) is to integrate autocompletion inside a GUI. We like to ask if there are some best practices to achieve this easily? Especially how would we create a autocompletion service based on RDF directly, without a specialized service for that? (Keep in mind we need response time in less than 100-200ms!) Or would it make sense to create a AutocompletionAsAService (AaaS :-) provider for LD?

Have a look at YASGUI for SPARQL completion. Very nice library, interesting to learn from.
and the code is pretty accessible: https://github.com/LaurensRietveld/yasgui

> We should make sure that especially smaller endpoints go the extra half-meter to enable CORS!

Indeed! http://enable-cors.org/ is a great guide.
I will remember to add this to future specs I write.

> ## Tutorial for JavaScript newbies.
> Everybody knows this is highly depend on philosophy and opinion, but possibly we can produce as community at least a proposition what to use in case of ignorance?

Let's begin with listing indeed, and then try to find an order in that.
Wiki page?

> ## IDE / Editor War!
> And a last, more fun topic: What kind of IDE, Editors and so on are using? vi, emacs, sublime, … ?

vim. Why would anybody want to use anything else? ;-)

Cheers,

Ruben