Re: "Make package.json be JSON-LD"

On 2 January 2014 02:27, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> Not sure how many of you have seen this issue in jsonld.js tracker:
> https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld.js/issues/39
>
> I would find it very cool if all the projects we work on could publish
> package.json as JSON-LD. It would also give us interesting use case to work
> together on :D

I'm not sure how easy that would be to translate correctly.  The markup
should be possible, but repositories such as github dont let you set the
json ld header.

Re package.json, does it allow arbitrary fields such as json ld does?

> Once done we could look at nice way to visualize all the different
> projects and people participating in this group and person <-> project
> participations based on VCS history to get started (and later maybe try add
> activities on mailing lists, chatrooms, etc.)
>
> I'll also link to this email in archive from issue mentioned above!

Here is the DOAP for tabulator:

http://dig.csail.mit.edu/hg/tabulator/raw-file/ccb18ebc1525/chrome/content/data.n3

(I think there may be a more recent version somewhere, I'll ask when people
get back from holidays)

rdflib.js package.json is here:

https://github.com/linkeddata/rdflib.js/blob/master/package.json

What might be neat is if there were an automatic translation tool that
would discover a DOAP through follow your nose (or search) then merge in
the correct terms into nodejs projects as a pull request.  Interestingly
some projects now pay for pull requests (e.g.
http://tip4commit.com/projects) so the bot could actually make a
profit! :)