Re: Problem with pyrdfa3 CLI distiller

Tom,

- with a suffix of .shtml, the (local) file is not considered to be HTML5. (Maybe this is a bug, actually, I am not sure what .shtml is usually used for. Not knowing what else to do, the distiller uses the Python xml parser. However, the file itself has a <!DOCTYPE html> dtd, which does not define the entities of the sort &nbsp; and runs into a parser error. In other words, the content does not even get to the core RDFa distiller

- if you rename the file .html, then it compiles and produces RDFa. Note that the RDFa distiller also generates warnings:

[] a pyrdfa:IncorrectPrefixDefinition,
        rdfa:Warning;
    dcterm:date "2012-05-19T14:06:27.976027"^^xsd:dateTime;
    dcterm:description "[In element 'html'] The usage of 'xmlns' for prefix definition is deprecated; please use the 'prefix' attribute instead (definition for 'xhtml')" .

[] a pyrdfa:IncorrectPrefixDefinition,
        rdfa:Warning;
    dcterm:date "2012-05-19T14:06:27.892173"^^xsd:dateTime;
    dcterm:description "[In element 'html'] The usage of 'xmlns' for prefix definition is deprecated; please use the 'prefix' attribute instead (definition for 'xhtml')" .

indeed, you have the xmlns:xhtml definition in the header which is considered to be a prefix definition and that is, by now, deprecated (I do not know why the warning is generated twice, that is a mistake of mine that I have not found out yet).

Ivan

P.S. I will explore the .shtml issue, maybe I should accept that as .html by default.

On May 18, 2012, at 22:28 , Thomas Baker wrote:

> The localRdfa.py script from [1] gets the following error message when I run
> $ localRdfa.py index.shtml from [2]:
>
>    @prefix dcterm: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .
>    @prefix ht: <http://www.w3.org/2006/http#> .
>    @prefix rdfa: <http://www.w3.org/ns/rdfa#> .
>    @prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
>
>    [] a rdfa:Error;
>        dcterm:date "2012-05-18T14:41:23.210220"^^xsd:dateTime;
>        dcterm:description "undefined entity: line 445, column 44";
>        rdfa:context [ a ht:Request;
>                ht:requestURI "index.shtml" ],
>            [ a ht:Response;
>                ht:responseCode <http://www.w3.org/2006/http#400> ] .