W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdfa@w3.org > May 2012

Re 2: Problem with pyrdfa3 CLI distiller

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 16:25:13 +0200
Cc: public-rdfa <public-rdfa@w3.org>
Message-Id: <4C0C9CA3-D011-4E04-B3FD-04619ACF4746@w3.org>
To: Thomas Baker <tom@tombaker.org>
Actually... I realized what .shtml is: is used by Apache when there are some server side actions before sending the file out to the client. It does make sense to consider that just as .html, ie, as HTML(5). I have added this to the code and refreshed the github content.

(There were some other changes on github yesterday, related to embedded RDF in SVG files. Nothing that affect this issue, but do not be surprised if you get more than just one file being pulled from the repo...)

Ivan

On May 19, 2012, at 16:14 , Ivan Herman wrote:

> Tom,
> 
> - with a suffix of .shtml, the (local) file is not considered to be HTML5. (Maybe this is a bug, actually, I am not sure what .shtml is usually used for. Not knowing what else to do, the distiller uses the Python xml parser. However, the file itself has a <!DOCTYPE html> dtd, which does not define the entities of the sort &nbsp; and runs into a parser error. In other words, the content does not even get to the core RDFa distiller
> 
> - if you rename the file .html, then it compiles and produces RDFa. Note that the RDFa distiller also generates warnings:
> 
> 
> [] a pyrdfa:IncorrectPrefixDefinition,
>        rdfa:Warning;
>    dcterm:date "2012-05-19T14:06:27.976027"^^xsd:dateTime;
>    dcterm:description "[In element 'html'] The usage of 'xmlns' for prefix definition is deprecated; please use the 'prefix' attribute instead (definition for 'xhtml')" .
> 
> [] a pyrdfa:IncorrectPrefixDefinition,
>        rdfa:Warning;
>    dcterm:date "2012-05-19T14:06:27.892173"^^xsd:dateTime;
>    dcterm:description "[In element 'html'] The usage of 'xmlns' for prefix definition is deprecated; please use the 'prefix' attribute instead (definition for 'xhtml')" .
> 
> indeed, you have the xmlns:xhtml definition in the header which is considered to be a prefix definition and that is, by now, deprecated (I do not know why the warning is generated twice, that is a mistake of mine that I have not found out yet).
> 
> Ivan
> 
> P.S. I will explore the .shtml issue, maybe I should accept that as .html by default. 
> 
> 
> 
> On May 18, 2012, at 22:28 , Thomas Baker wrote:
> 
>> The localRdfa.py script from [1] gets the following error message when I run 
>> $ localRdfa.py index.shtml from [2]:
>> 
>>   @prefix dcterm: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .
>>   @prefix ht: <http://www.w3.org/2006/http#> .
>>   @prefix rdfa: <http://www.w3.org/ns/rdfa#> .
>>   @prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
>> 
>>   [] a rdfa:Error;
>>       dcterm:date "2012-05-18T14:41:23.210220"^^xsd:dateTime;
>>       dcterm:description "undefined entity: line 445, column 44";
>>       rdfa:context [ a ht:Request;
>>               ht:requestURI "index.shtml" ],
>>           [ a ht:Response;
>>               ht:responseCode <http://www.w3.org/2006/http#400> ] .
>> 
>> Tom
>> 
>> [1] https://github.com/RDFLib/pyrdfa3
>> [2] https://raw.github.com/dublincore/website/master/build/html/dcmi-terms/index.shtml
>> 
>> -- 
>> Tom Baker <tom@tombaker.org>
>> 
> 
> 
> ----
> Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
> mobile: +31-641044153
> FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 


----
Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153
FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
Received on Saturday, 19 May 2012 14:21:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 19 May 2012 14:21:54 GMT