Re: Facebook - RDFa in Open Graph Protocol

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Mark Birbeck
<mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Great announcement!
>
> You seem to have sent this to the wrong list though:
>
>> I'd urge you all to go gently on that front for now, and focus instead
>> more on how we can improve RDFa tooling and specs than on lobbying for
>> improvements.
>
> RDFa enthusiasts have always been supportive of anyone looking to use RDFa.

Yup, I was just suggesting ways of channeling the enthusiasm
helpfully! Rather than David and co getting 100 versions of "your
semantics are all wonky and did you consider using 'about='...".

> You may be thinking back to when Google got a bit of a hard time when
> they made their announcements about using RDFa, but the criticism they
> received was from...well...from RDFers who didn't recognise a
> gift-horse when it's galloping towards them, it's rider blowing a
> bugle.

Not the first nor the last time that people exploring RDF have been
rewarded with a pile of "you got it wrong". I wasn't blaming the RDFa
community especially here.

> Yes, I know...I sound like a grumpy-old b*stard. But things like that
> lodge in the mind....
>
> Great news though. :)

Yeah, makes me wish I had a spare server farm to process all this
public graph data :)

Dan