Re: Restarting work on RDFa validator ...

Steven,

> Good work!

Thanks for your feedback!

> Some observations:
>
> It fails to deal with redirects.

Ahm. Sorry? Can you give an example, please?

> Hitting [return] after typing in the URL doesn't initiate the validation.

True. Not implemented (yet ;)

> It objects (wrongly) to rel="meta"
 > It wrongly complains about rel="author dc:creator"

Taken from http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab/ - 'meta' is my bad, will fix
it, however 'author' is not a reserved term ...

> It seems not to recognise relative URI's in @href and @src:
>     expected URI for @href and found 'CV.css' which is a unknown URIref
> type (invalid)

Thank. Gotta check this.

> Is the "Show full results" check box meant to toggle between showing
> everything and only the errors? It didn't seem to work for me. In any
> case, I would prefer the defaults to be only errors shown (and a message
> that there were no errors if there are none).

Well spotted and yes, I can change this if this seems more logical ;)

> In the following message:
>
> <<<<
>    242: and <a rel="Copyright"
> href="/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software">software
>
>    expected white-space separated list of CURIEs or reserved term for @rel
>    and found 'Copyright' which is a { URI } (invalid)
>>>>>

> I would prefer it to say '"Copyright" is not a recognised rel value', or
> similar.

Hm. Well that stems from the fact that I check in two phases; first try to
determine the URIref type and the check against allowed values for RDFa
attributes. Will consider this.

Cheers,
      Michael

--