Re: RDFa advocacy ideas

<snip snip>...

This is the (edited) response sent to Doug and others...

Doug Schepers wrote:
> For projects along this line, I was thinking of 2 different ideas:
>
> 1) hosting the mini-app above at some stable URL related to SemWeb
> promotion, with that URL included on the tshirt; that could help promote
> the topic by leading people to the site, where they could play with the
> gizmo and then click through to learn more about RDF/a and other semweb
> tech;

T-shirt + semweb app would be wonderful!

> 2) more ambitiously, a little Webapp that would use similar graphics to
> let people compose RDF/RDFa markup by dragging and dropping icons,
> attaching values to them, and connecting them together... and at the
> end, it would output the RDF/a code (text) so they could use it on their
> site.  It would be a bit like a graphical, snazzier FOAF-a-matic, with
> scope beyond FOAF:
>  http://www.ldodds.com/foaf/foaf-a-matic.html

Yes, that also would be great. We've had an action on the RDFa task
force to do this for almost 8 months now and we've been too swamped to
move forward with it. We need help on this from the community.

> If you are interested in following up with the tshirt or SemWeb
> promotion in general, or know of anyone who I should have copied on
> this, dive in.

I'm attaching Tom DeForest on this as he's been helping us with a new
Wordpress theme for the rdfa.info blog site.

We should discuss it as a community, brainstorm some ideas on t-shirt
designs + webapps, perhaps even get some money together for a design
contest for http://99designs.com/, and see what comes out of the meat
grinder.

Once we have a good design down, perhaps we could sponsor a hundred
T-shirts (or put it up on CafePress?) and have them distributed at
various web conferences as well as SXSWi?

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.