Re: XHTML + RDFa + @role

From: Laurens Holst <laurens.nospam@grauw.nl>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 23:36:20 +0200
To: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
CC: public-rdfa@w3.org
** <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/conform.html#deprecated>Toby A Inkster
schreef:
> Your <html> element should have attribute version="XHTML+RDFa+Role 1.0".

The version attribute is deprecated in HTML4.01, never used, and no
longer present in HTML5… I also see no language in the XHTML 1.1
specification defining the content format of this attribute or requiring
its use (although it does seem to be in the DTD, which I find strange as
it wasn’t in XHTML 1.0’s), and I know of no implementations using such
an attribute. So it seems a bit useless to add it. Let’s keep HTML free
of versioning.

~Laurens

--
Note: New email address! Please update your address book.

~~ Ushiko-san! Kimi wa doushite, Ushiko-san nan da!! ~~
Laurens Holst, student, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Website: www.grauw.nl. Backbase employee; www.backbase.com