Re: how to mark up a photo on the web

Dear all,

@Ben: In the additional set that you propose (license and license
attribution, title, description, creator, tags, geo) I would add image
views, comments and perhaps comments.

In the course of this work you might be interested in a model which I
recently built to mark up multimedia content (and of course images) on
the Web and embed the (semantic) markup in HTML pages using RDFa.

The model which is realized by a set of ontologies which amongst other
reuse popular ontologies already available such as FOAF, Mindswap's
Digital Media, the Dublin Core Terms, the Annotea schema, the Commerce
vocabulary, etc.

The model is briefly explained on this Web page:
http://tobiasbuerger.com/icontent/ricoontologies.html
Further you find an example there how it is envisioned for the use with
Flickr images.

Please tell me if you would like to have more information about it.

Comments are also more then welcome!

Best regards,

Tobias

Karl Dubost schrieb:

> Le 20 févr. 2009 à 16:10, Ben Adida a écrit :
>> Creative Commons is interested in providing guidance on how to mark up
>> photos online in great detail, using RDFa. We've started, but I thought
>> we'd check in with folks here to get some more eyes on the problem.
>
> über cool.
>
>> http://labs.creativecommons.org/~nathan/image-rdfa/madeline.html
>> We're trying to mark up:
>> - license and license attribution
>> - title
>> - description
>> - creator
>> - tags
>> - geo
>> - more?
>
> The important here in this process is to not add things.
> It's all about first RDFaizing a common page of Flickr.
>
> une photo de Aaron
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/straup/3294650086/
>
> Tags

>  cameraphone

>  filtr

>  fireeagle:id=

>  san francisco, california, united states
>
> Machine Tags (these have high potential of rdfazisation)
> see http://www.flickr.com/groups/api/discuss/72157594497877875/

>  filtr:process=postr

>  ph:camera=n82

>  places:locality=kH8dLOubBZRvX_YZ

>  woe:id=2487956
>

> For the future or a version 2.
> There is also this page for each photo which gives EXIF information
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/straup/3294650086/meta/
> see http://www.w3.org/2003/12/exif/Overview
>
> The comments under the photo could be described with SIOC?
> See
> http://www.semanticfocus.com/blog/entry/title/connect-discussions-between-blogs-forums-and-more-with-sioc/

Dipl.-Inf. Univ. Tobias Bürger

STI Innsbruck