Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:22:58 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>

Sam,

I have one question, what does this mean?

<<
Again, I'm not certain that marketing is the right answer.  At the
present time, the editor of the HTML 5 specification is profoundly
unconvinced that RDFa either has a valid use case or is the best way to
address the use cases that have been provided.  I see several ways
forward, none of which involves battles, direction from on high, or
marketing.

1) Convince Ian that RDFa has merit.

Why does Ian have to be convinced?

All references to "Ian" are always about him being the sole decision maker.

Does an "Editor" determine the fate of a spec, solely?

I desperately hope I am simply misunderstanding the general rhetoric
around HTML5 and RDFa.

--

Regards,

President & CEO