Yahoo! Search BOSS API now exposing RDFa

From: Evan Goer <goer@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:30:29 -0800
To: public-rdfa@w3.org

Hello all,

I've seen a couple members of this list twitter about this
announcement, but I thought it would be good to mention it here a
little more formally. As of yesterday,[1] Yahoo! has started providing
all of the semantic data we've harvested directly through our BOSS
Search API.[2] Previously, this data was only available in the
SearchMonkey developer tool,[3] and was difficult to see in bulk.

A little easter egg: if you want to see how many URLs we have with
RDFa, you don't need to call the BOSS API. Instead just use the
following search:

   http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=searchmonkeyid:com.yahoo.page.rdf.rdfa

We think that's actually an undercount; Ben Adida and others have
provided some helpful suggestions for refining how our extractor
works, and I expect we will be harvesting RDFa even more voraciously
in the coming months. :)

If you want to compare our RDFa coverage to our microformat coverage,
use searches like:

   http://search.yahoo.com/search?
p=searchmonkeyid:com.yahoo.page.uf.<microformat>

where <microformat> is hcard, hresume, etc.

Best regards,

Evan Goer
Yahoo! SearchMonkey Team

[1] http://ysearchblog.com/2009/02/11/boss-update-open-monetization-pricing-structured-data-and-more/