Re: advice on choosing RDF URI References (slightly off topic)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 12:38:56 +0200
To: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
CC: Public RDFa <public-rdfa@w3.org>
Michael Hausenblas wrote:
> Julian,
>
> Not sure if I understand you 100%, but did you check out [1] already?
>
> Cheers,
>       Michael
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/

Oh, the information resource discussion :-) That is related, but not the
thing I was looking for.

What I was looking for was text that encourages people who mint RDF URI
references to choose URIs that actually can be represented as QNames
(for serialization such as RDF/XML, JCR, WebDAV...).

Bad examples:

   http://example.org/foo/
   http://example.org/foo#
   http://example.org/foo/0

(trailing characters not allowed in XML element name)

Good examples:

   http://example.org/foo/bar
   http://example.org/foo#bar

BR, Julian