advice on choosing RDF URI References (slightly off topic)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:45:40 +0200
To: "public-rdfa@w3.org" <public-rdfa@w3.org>
Hi,

(sorry for the slightly off-topic mail, but I'm pretty somebody can help
me over here...)

Is there a W3C document that gives advice on how to choose an RDF URI
Reference, given the fact that many of them can not be expressed as
QNames (*)? (Clarifying: I'm not looking for the advice itself, but a
W3C document I could point to...)

BR, Julian

(*) And yes, I realize that this is not a problem with CURIEs.