Re: HTML+RDFa 1.1 - @datetime attribute clarification

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>wrote:

> On May 14, 2013, at 2:44 PM, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com> wrote:
>
> 1. Is the @datetime only to be processed on the 'time' element?  If so, it
> needs to say that.
>

> Since @datetime is only valid on the <time> element, it can only be used
> there, as defined by the HTML spec. However, RDFa, is about attributes, so
> it describes the behavior of the attribute. It's not necessary for an RDFa
> processor to check if its used on a different element, as it would be
> invalid according to the base language (HTML).

OK.  Understood.

> 2. You all should add a reference to the spec [1].
>

> We don't exactly follow the content model as defined in HTML5, as they
> express non-xsd datatype values.

It still seems like a reference would be good.  The point about non-xsd
datatypes should also be pointed out.

> 3. Is it the case that there is a deterministic algorithm for property
> detecting the type from the possible set of values and non-values?
>

> IMO, the step is pretty clear, see if it is valid with any of xsd:date,
> xsd:time, xsd:dateTime and so forth; if it's valid with any of them, create
> a typed literal with the corresponding datatype; otherwise, create a plain
> literal. It's not possible for a value to be valid with more than one of
> these datatypes.

That'll make processing fun (and possibly slower) but if it is restricted
to XML Schema date/time types, this should work.  The lexical space is
designed as such and so that'll all work out.

Thanks!

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."