Re: HTML+RDFa 1.1 - @datetime attribute clarification

On May 14, 2013, at 2:44 PM, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com> wrote:

> 1. Is the @datetime only to be processed on the 'time' element?  If so, it needs to say that.

Since @datetime is only valid on the <time> element, it can only be used there, as defined by the HTML spec. However, RDFa, is about attributes, so it describes the behavior of the attribute. It's not necessary for an RDFa processor to check if its used on a different element, as it would be invalid according to the base language (HTML).

> 2. You all should add a reference to the spec [1].

We don't exactly follow the content model as defined in HTML5, as they express non-xsd datatype values.

> 3. Is it the case that there is a deterministic algorithm for property detecting the type from the possible set of values and non-values?

IMO, the step is pretty clear, see if it is valid with any of xsd:date, xsd:time, xsd:dateTime and so forth; if it's valid with any of them, create a typed literal with the corresponding datatype; otherwise, create a plain literal. It's not possible for a value to be valid with more than one of these datatypes.

Gregg