W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdfa-wg@w3.org > May 2012

Re: Update EARL reports

From: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 21:52:56 +0200
Message-ID: <CADjV5jdztX_ik9oFz_F1NYqwJ2eAhrC__Q99UoaYgMGAUtnKoA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>, W3C RDFWA WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:08 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> The more the merrier!

Indeed!

> Out of curiosity: Niklas had some work on a javascript version. That approach was different from Alex' insofar as, if I remember well, it returned the result in JSON-LD; I found that approach very compelling. Niklas, have stopped that?

Yes, I'm afraid it's on hold for now. Since Alex's implementation was
completed I considered mine of less immediate importance. It was
mainly an experiment to see how little I need to do to "skim" JSON-LD
directly from RDFa.

It became apparent (as expected) that I had to do a thorough
implementation to get more coverage, or else define a kind of "Lite++"
to get the basic things out properly. I'm not sure about the value of
that though, it's probably better to build on Alex's code, perhaps by
refactoring it to get an RDFa "walker" which can build up a JSON-LD
tree.

The other insight was that the produced JSON-LD probably isn't ideal
to give to developers directly, since it directly corresponds to the
lexical form of the input RDFa. It's better to use a proper RDF API
*or* to use a supplied JSON-LD context to build up a "sparse" graph
reduced by the convenience forms defined in that context.

(The latter thing is something I think is quite ideal as a general
mapper feature in an RDF API, btw. I've been meaning (for over a year
really) to e.g. rewrite my old Oort mapper [1] to use JSON-LD contexts
instead of the class-based approach. And to propose this as a future
path for both our shelved RDF API and for how to "digest" JSON-LD in
various scenarios. If only I had more time...)

Best regards,
Niklas

[1]: http://oort.to/


> Ivan
>
> ---
> Ivan Herman
> Tel:+31 641044153
> http://www.ivan-herman.net
>
> (Written on mobile, sorry for brevity and misspellings...)
>
>
>
> On 18 May 2012, at 04:38, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:
>
>> Updated again to include Toby's Perl RDF::RDFa::Parser.
>>
>> Gregg
>>
>> On May 7, 2012, at 11:53 AM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>>
>>> I updated to include xml+rdfa and xhtml1+rdfa results for Green Turtle (JavaScript).
>>>
>>> Gregg
>>>
>>> On Apr 23, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>>>
>>>> I've updated the reports with four processors passing for XHTML+RDFa 1.1 and XML+RDFa 1.1. The processors passing all tests for these are now the following:
>>>>
>>>> clj-rdfa (Clojure)
>>>> librdfa (C)
>>>> pyRdfa (Python)
>>>> RDF::RDFa (Ruby)
>>>>
>>>> All but librdfa also pass for HTML5+RDFa and XHTML5+RDFa in addition to the vocabulary expansion tests.
>>>>
>>>> Gregg
>>>>
>>>> On Apr 22, 2012, at 5:11 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I updated the consolodated EARL reports [1]. It shows complete passing for clj-rdfa for basic and vocabulary tests. Librdfa passes most everything. pyRdfa is failing one minor corner case (0114). I also added any23 results, even though they fail a number of tests.
>>>>>
>>>>> Gregg
>>>>>
>>>>> [1] http://rdfa.info/earl-reports/
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Gregg
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
Received on Sunday, 20 May 2012 19:53:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Sunday, 20 May 2012 19:53:59 GMT