Re: Test 0197 / XHTML+RDFa1.1

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:57:39 -0700
To: W3C RDFWA WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:
> It's okay for a processor to generate more triples. That's one of the reason we use SPARQL to test the results rather than graph comparison.

This doesn't make a lot of sense from a QA perspective.  The RDFa 1.1
sequence algorithm specifies an set of triples that is equivalent
within adjusting for blank nodes and document base uris to any set
generated by a processor.  As such, the test results should specify
the exact graph expected to ensure the processor is not generating
extra triples it shouldn't.  I've implemented my test harness to check
equivalence and, so far, most tests have worked without much
adjustment.  I have had to add a few "uses vocabulary" triples but
there have been ones like this one where there are a lot of triples
missing.

This all makes an implementor wonder whether they've got it right or not.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."