Re: RDFa Lite and non-RDFa @rel values [Final Take?]

From: Grant Robertson <grantsr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:58:16 -0700
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: RDFa Working Group <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Dan,

That would require a complete rewrite of RDF 1.1 Core. The whole purpose of
@property emulating @rel in special cases (what I call "Special Property
Mode") is to allow similar behavior but without chaining. To strip @rel
from RDFa would eliminate chaining. To restore that chaining, but without
@rel, would require a major rethink in the algorithm.

Personally, I think repurposing attributes - first @rel and now @property,
is a big mistake. But, as Ivan said, the spec and the documentation process
have come so far now that it can't be turned back without major possible
repurcussions in the public's acceptance and implementation of the standard.