Re: RDF 1.1 Lite Issue # 2: property vs rel

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:01:59 +0200
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: HTML Data Task Force WG <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
* Ivan Herman wrote:
>On Oct 27, 2011, at 11:07 , Henri Sivonen wrote:
>[[[
>If the input is labeled using an XML type, use the implicit but nowhere
>normatively defined mapping from XML source to a document tree.
>]]]
>
>If the media type is application/xml+xhtml or application/xml+svg, I can
>use an XML parser (as opposed to a HTML5 parser) to produce a DOM tree
>on which one can (conceptually) operate, including the
>element-by-element decision on some specificities bound to the the media
>type. And yes, if that XML parser fails then the whole process fails.

It's a popular trolling meme to run around and tell people that if you
have a HTML document and want to turn that into a DOM Document, that's
a well-documented process, but doing the same with XML documents, that
is not so well-documented, there is much uncertainty about it. The two
of you have the same process in mind, Henri Sivonen just thought it im-
portant to draw everybody's attention to this meme.