Re: How to deal with an <a> link applied to a person's name

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>wrote:

> A question from Michael Steidl of the International Press
> Telecommunications Council (IPTC)...

yes, @href will become the subject of triples inside the a tag.

We had the same use case in Drupal 7 for the author of a page/article. You
can see an example at http://openspring.net/ (inspect the name of the
author). We place the @typeof inside the a element, so reusing the markup
given above, it would be:

<a typeof="rnews:Person" href="http://www.riecks.com/">
</a>

An alternative is to put the a element inside the span element which has the
rnews:name property, that way you avoid dealing with the @href:

    David Riecks
  </a></span>

Steph.