Re: Maybe a new pandora's box? '/' in a CURIE

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:42:41 +0000
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: W3C RDFWA WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, Shane P McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 09:33:54 +0100
Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

That should work. There's an example along those lines in section 7.4
of RDFa Core:

The suffix part of a CURIE is an irelative-ref as defined by IRI. Not
only can it contain a slash, it can contain a hash, a question mark,
and pretty much anything else you like except unescaped whitespace.

In that example, the CURIE is perfectly legal. The @prefix attribute
that defines it may or may not be legal - not quite sure. The part
after the whitespace is supposed to be an xs:anyURI, and I'm not 100%
sure whether "http:" is sufficient to satisfy that requirement, but it
probably is, because xs:anyURI is defined very broadly.

We may actually want to drop the requirement for the part after the
whitespace in @prefix to be an xs:anyURI. (The only important thing
should be that when it's combined with a suffix, it forms a valid IRI.)
We should perhaps allow any string that does not contain whitespace
there.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>