Re: Link relations in RDFa (Was: Re: Guidance on publishing in multiple formats) (ISSUE-108)

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 13:36:03 +0100
Cc: RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
I had an action in the past (ACTION-100) on the link registry, bound to ISSUE-108. This was the result of a resolution we had on the WG:

where we decided to use the IANA registry as the authoritative list for the link relations. However, I think that the information given by Tantek:

changes the background of the decision and forces us to reopen ISSUE-108.

The fact that the link registry is done via a wiki, ie, becoming way more dynamic than the IANA registry, coupled with the analysis  of Jeni below reinforces my (and her:-) original opinion[1], ie, that RDFa 1.1 + HTML5 should ignore the link relations.