Re: [JSON] implementation guidance

On 03/09/11 08:31, Manu Sporny wrote:
> [08:19] -->| bergie (~bergie@suvilahti.nemein.net) has joined #json-ld
> [08:19] <bergie> hi
> [08:20] <bergie> I wrote yesterday a RDFa to JSON-LD (and back) parser

Sorry about that - I meant to send this e-mail to the RDF WG. I'm going
to have to be more careful about mailing list address auto-complete
since there is only a one letter difference between us and the RDF WG.

That said, bergie's implementation is the second one that I know of that
can convert from RDFa -> JSON-LD. We also do this at our company for the
PaySwarm[1] stuff. Specifically, the vocabularies[2] and APIs dealing
with the product descriptions (assets), offers for sale (listings), and
licenses are all expressed in RDFa on the web, stored in a graph
database and sent/received from the Semantic Web Services via JSON-LD.

I expect that there are big gaps in the implementations since we don't
have a good test suite for JSON-LD yet... but we hope to get a test
suite up in the next 3-4 months.

That said - there may be a nice pairing between RDFa (for publishing)
and JSON-LD (for APIs).

-- manu

[1] http://payswarm.com/
[2] http://purl.org/payswarm