Re: URI/IRI Normalization in RDFa environments

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:02:54 +0000
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
CC: RDFA Working Group <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Hi Ivan,

In the common web world, it get's normalized, in RDF it doesn't, you do
string comparison.

The common case we'll encounter in RDFa land is data being published
with "URLs" like:

   http://EXAMPLE.ORG/foo/bar

in @href, @src, and probably most often, @base.

The problem we've got is that all the browsers and most DOM based
tooling will normalize these URIs to http://example.org/foo/bar, but in
the RDF world

http://example.org/foo/bar and http://EXAMPLE.ORG/foo/bar are different.