Re: RDFa Default Profile Management

Ivan Herman wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2011, at 09:58 , Nathan wrote:
>
>> Ivan Herman wrote:

>>> Why? I do not understand...
>> about: isn't an IANA registered URI scheme, however the browsers do use it, and "about:blank" is defined in HTML 5
>>
>>  "if the resource is identified by the URL about:blank, then the resource is immediately available and consists of the empty string, with no metadata."
>>
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#about:blank
>>
>> AFAICT the rule only comes in to play, in HTML when a User Agent tries to "fetch" that URI though, say because it's in an @href.
>>
>> Unsure if it's an issue, but it definitely has a "meaning" in html.
>
> This is not an issue for RDFa, though.

That would be my understanding / position too, as we don't use CURIEs in
@href or @src, and "about:blank" isn't a URI, it's a token used to refer
to the "empty URL" by user agents in an html document, introduced
because the empty string "" would refer to the "current URL" after being
resolved.

Best,

Nathan