Re: RDFa Default Profile Management

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:38:22 +0100
Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2011, at 08:17 , Toby Inkster wrote:
>
>> If a consumer includes a default prefix mapping of something like:
>>
>> 	"about" => "http://example.com/vocab/about#"
>>
>> Then it will hit a compliance issue as soon as it sees:

>> 	page</span>
>
> Why? I do not understand...

OK, we're assuming that the consumer is including a mapping of:

	"about" => "http://example.com/vocab/about#"

which is not in the host language default profile, and not specified in
the document. The intention of the document is to create the following
triple:

	<> xhv:next <about:blank> .

And that's what a conformant RDFa implementation should produce.
However, if the implementation has that additional default mapping,
then it will produce:

	<> xhv:next <http://example.com/vocab/about#blank> .

Nathan wrote:

> about: isn't an IANA registered URI scheme

Not yet, but it's an Internet Draft expected to become an RFC (and thus
a registered URI scheme).

Besides which, we don't specify that URI schemes used in RDFa must be
registered. The following works in Turtle and I wouldn't want it to
break in RDFa:

	<#i> foaf:account <irc://irc.freenode.net/tobyink,isnick> .

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>