Re: HTML5 Polyglot spec and RDFa

On 10/9/2010 11:12 AM, Nathan wrote:

> sorry, but immediately this screams of no-benefit to me, that's just a
> non-problematic-CURIE with the colon removed - and that we'd be better
> just to stick to
>
>   rel="foaf:Agent"
>   rel="owl:agent"
>
> and viola no conflict at all and issue resolved.
>
> In many ways rdfa:term is only really useful if it's a functionality
> match for microformats and link-relations, case insensitive.
>
> ps: fwiw I can't think of an example where we'd have a class like
> foaf:Agent in the property position of a triple, but this still
> affects things like :holdsAccount :replyTo etc - but again when would
> an ontology ever have `:replyTo` and `:replyto` in it? So maybe this
> is a use case we never really hit with any ambiguity..

I agree with you here on both counts.  I wouldn't ever put both things
in the same vocabulary.  However, I could see a situation where two
profiles loaded - one that defined Agent and the next one defined
agent.  In that case, the second definition would win.  This is entirely
consistent with the model we have espoused from day one, but it still
might surprised the great unwashed out there.