Profile issue: specifying the default vocabulary

From: Markus Gylling <markus.gylling@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:38:03 +0200
To: W3C RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
After reading the Core FPWD (and double-checking with Shane, I should admit that right away), I note that the Profile document does not permit (or specify how to achieve) the declaration of a default vocabulary.

I dont know if this simply is an omission in the draft or if there's an intent behind it that I yet do not grok -- either way I would argue that this feature is pretty much a no-brainer in terms of achieving the intended simplification effect of Profile documents.

Of course, there are some repercussions to this feature that would need to be taken into account - such as how it would interact with inline @vocab. In this particular case, perhaps using a classic cascade/proximity rule approach would suffice (cf the list in 7.4.3; adding "profile default vocabulary" as a final evaluation step).

/markus