Re: Issues with @token scoping and hidden-data

I must admit I do not fully understand; there is something that must
have been said and maybe even written but I did not find or grasp.

Let me try to write down what I understand in what you seem to be saying
in some more general terms.

1. the model in the @profile document that was started by you and I then
refined a bit was, schematically:

   - @profile document is, in fact, a set of RDF triples serialized in
something; conveniently in RDFa, can be something else
   - the triples are interpreted by the author document to define
keywords or, maybe, prefixes

2. you seem to say that in this @token model the profile document is an
RDFa file where, somehow, the RDFa attributes are interpreted
differently if being pulled into an author document rather than when
being used by itself. Ie, the RDF triples generated by that RDFa file
are not really relevant, in fact.

In other words #2 says (and this is what you seem to imply below) that
the interpretation of the @profile document is context dependent,
depending on whether it is being pulled into an author document or
whether it is used to produce, for example, a documentation of the
vocabulary, ie, used as a good old simple RDFa document.

If this is really the case then... I am sorry, but I really really do
not like alternative #2. Making the interpretation of RDFa attributes
dependent on the context of where they are used is complex, difficult to
explain and understand, error prone, ... and as you say, really an
anti-pattern. We are totally overcomplicating things I am afraid.

*If* we go for a @profile file line I still believe that #1 is a clean
approach (with details to be sorted out of course)

I said 'If' because, I must admit, I find the argument of, I think,
Martin and Toby, saying that all information should be local to the RDFa
file more and more compelling...

Ivan

FOAF   : http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
vCard  : http://www.ivan-herman.net/HermanIvan.vcf