Re: Another way other than @profile, @vocab or @map

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:13:47 -0500
To: martin@weborganics.co.uk
CC: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Thoughts below:

Martin McEvoy wrote:

> there is a flaw in with the above approach of course, which I guess is
> why the whole discussion of  RDFa profile's as a method of declaring
> prefix-less tokens.
>
> example:

>         <a rel="url me" href="http://fred.example.com/">Home</a>

> the @rel value "me" is not a part of the vcard vocabulary, the parser
> doesnt know that, How can a RDFa parser tell the difference between a
> "qualified name" and some other name not included in the vocab?

I don't really feel this is an issue.  If you want to validate it, you
*could* retrieve the document and look for keyword definitions in the
default graph (following your nose to other referenced vocabularies if
needed), but who cares?  Seriously.  This is no different than saying
@rel="foo:bar".  Who is to say there is a term 'bar' within 'foo'?
Well, I did.  Just now.  When I referenced it.  Today we provide some
level of checking to ensure that our predefined keywords are used and
others are not.  I feel it would be fine to loosen the rules on parsers
when you have changed the default vocabulary.  In that instance, we
trust the author to use terms but permit 'validating parsers' to attempt
to do further validation and throw exceptions of they choose.  This is
the same thing XML does for its parsing rules.