Re: Another way other than @profile, @vocab or @map

Hello all

On 19/03/2010 15:50, Martin McEvoy wrote:
> On 19/03/2010 15:42, Shane McCarron wrote:
>>

>> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>>>

>>> anyway +1 for using the url @vocab to declare the default CURIE
>>> prefix, I would like to add that @vocab should only be used once in
>>> a RDFa document to avoid invalid RDF in the output document
>>> (switching default namespaces)
>> I think I disagree with this.  I feel @vocab should be scoped just as
>> @xmlns is today, and within its scope keywords are interpreted in the
>> context of that vocabulary.
>
> I'm not disagreeing with you.. by scoped you mean available more than
> once and all the descendant keywords are scoped within the vocabulary
> declared at @vocab.
>

>> This is entirely consistent with the processing rules - after all,
>> the keywords are transformed into full URIs as soon as the processor
>> encounters them.  In my implementation, this would be a 2 line change
>> I think,
>>

> Indeed,  I don't have a problem with that, and 2 line change is not
> much effort. :)

there is a flaw in with the above approach of course, which I guess is
why the whole discussion of  RDFa profile's as a method of declaring
prefix-less tokens.

example:

         <a rel="url me" href="http://fred.example.com/">Home</a>

the @rel value "me" is not a part of the vcard vocabulary, the parser
doesnt know that, How can a RDFa parser tell the difference between a
"qualified name" and some other name not included in the vocab?

Got there in the end ;)

Best wishes.

--
Martin McEvoy