Re: Another way other than @profile, @vocab or @map

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:15:51 -0400
To: public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
On 03/16/2010 07:40 PM, Ben Adida wrote:
> Toby wrote:
>> I like the general idea, but how about reusing typeof instead:
> This is interesting, I like it. I just want to point out, though, that
> this doesn't solve the problem Google has, where they want to bundle a
> bunch of existing vocabs together without delving into RDF Schema.

Right, +1 to the idea and Martin for proposing it and Toby for modifying
it to re-use a pre-existing RDFa term. Ben does have a point that this
doesn't solve the Google vocabulary issue. This is effectively the
"default prefix declaration mechanism" discussion... Toby had raised it
earlier in the year:

The discussion has also been raised several times before in the RDFa TF
telecon. So, I don't think this is a replacement for RDFa Profiles, but
could be another way for authors to markup content when all of the terms
that they want to use come from one vocabulary (for example, FOAF,
Dublin Core or VCard). The fact that you don't have to dereference
anything, but get to use short keywords is definitely a positive aspect
of the proposal.

blog: PaySwarming Goes Open Source