Re: attempting to merge the 'vocab' and 'profile' documents

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:17:12 +0000
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>, W3C RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 19:05 +0000, Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Note also that this idea of 'tokens' brings our predefined keywords
> into harmony with prefix-mappings; using the new 'optional colon'
> rule, we can see that the predefined token 'next' is no different to
> the following longhand:

>     <a rel="next" href="blah">go to next document</a>

It is still slightly different, in that the predefined keywords are
case-correcting (i.e. detected case-insensitively, but automatically
mapped to the correct case) and only apply in particular attributes.

I do however see the appeal in defining tokens as an extension of the
existing prefix mechanism. RDF::RDFa::Parser actually implements this
already as an option, disabled by default. If anyone wants to play with
it, you can add the following to your document to opt-in:

        content="prefix_bare=1" />

And then parse it using either of these endpoints:

  http://srv.buzzword.org.uk/rdfa-to-ntriples.cgi?uri=
  http://srv.buzzword.org.uk/rdfa-to-xml.cgi?uri=

--
Toby A Inkster