Re: [rdfaapi] Some clarifications on hasFeature() and the feature string

Mark,

on tiny question, not disagreeing with anything you write:

On Jun 12, 2010, at 16:44 , Mark Birbeck wrote:
[snip]

> 2. The spec says that the feature string provided as a parameter
> should be "rdfa 1.1", i.e., the following should hold:
>
>  assert.isTrue(document.hasFeature("rdfa 1.1"));
>
> However, hasFeature() is defined such that the feature and version
> number are two parameters. So what we really need is this:
>
>  assert.isTrue(document.hasFeature("rdfa", "1.1"));
>

> 3. The second parameter to hasFeature() is optional, so this should
> also be true:
>
>  assert.isTrue(document.hasFeature("rdfa"));

I guess what you are saying is that document.hasFeature("rdfa") is equal to document.hasFeature("rdfa","1.1"). Right? I mean that the 1.1 Core features are the default.

> 4. And finally, I think most people would interpret the version number
> as implying support for RDFa Core 1.1, rather than the RDFa API. I
> think this is ok, but it also means that we need to allow for 1.0
> support, for backwards compatibility. Therefore, I would suggest that
> the following assertion should also be true:
>
>  assert.isTrue(document.hasFeature("rdfa", "1.0"));

Again, I guess what you are saying is that

if hasFeature("rdfa","1.1") == True then hasFeature("rdfa","1.0") == True

but not conversely.

What I mean with all that is: do we imagine/allow RDFa API implementation that implement 1.0 only? And I presume the answer should be yes...

Ivan