ISSUE-36: Specifying a default vocabulary via an RDFa Profile

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:05:05 -0500
To: RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Earlier today we sorted out a solution for Issue 24 - case insensitive
TERMs.  Part of that solution is permitting host languages to define
default TERMs and prefix mappings via a default RDFa Profile.

The RDFa Core specification already also permits host languages to
define a 'default vocabulary'.  In other words, a default value for
@vocab to be used with CURIEs with no prefix are used (e.g.,
property='shanesFavoriteProperty').  For completeness, I think we should
extend the definition of RDFa Profile to allow a declaration of a
default vocabulary.  This would involve the following changes:

    * Define the term 'rdfa:vocabulary' in our term collection, and
      rules for it in Section 9.
    * Swap steps 2 and 3 in the processing sequence so that @profile is
      evaluated before @vocab.

Note that I do NOT think that either XHTML+RDFa nor HTML+RDFa should
define a default vocabulary.  This facility is there for other, future
host languages.

Comments?  Objections?