Re: Introductions

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:31:29 +0100
To: "RDFa WG" <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:02:24 +0100, Manu Sporny
<msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> * A brief background on yourself.

I am based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, but I am ethnically British. I
am a researcher at CWI, the Dutch national research institute for
Mathematics and Computer Science.

I have been at W3C from the beginning more or less. I have contributed to,
and been a member of the WGs for, CSS, HTML4, XHTML*, XForms, and others.
RDFa came out of the work we were doing in the XHTML WG; Mark Birbeck and
I were the original campaigners (I am currently making notes for a history
of its development).

My underlying interest is in adapting system architecture so that it
improves end-user usability.

More at my website http://www.cwi.nl/~steven

> * What you plan to use RDFa for at your organization (if you can talk
>   about it).

My organisation is not particularly interested in using it; I am however
working on getting it used by other organisations, particularly
government, and I am working with Oasis, which is adopting RDFa in ODF.

> * What you would be interested in working on in this WG.

Avoiding the second system effect ;-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-system_effect

Steven