Re: XHTML+RDFa DTD UA support (Was: Getting the XHTML+RDFa default profile to be interesting)

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:03:33 +0200
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Shane McCarron, Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:15:55 -0500:

> With regard to named entities, my recommendation, and the
> recommendation of the XHTML 2 working group, is that people who plan
> to serve their documents using the media type application/xhtml+xml,
> avoid the use of named entities since many user agents do not process
> these correctly.

There definitely is some kind of system there. I tested all on that
page and/or which Validator.w3.or support: new and/or
"irrelevant/uncommon" DTDs are the ones which are not supported.

Is there any reason to avoid such entities in e.g. XHTML 1.0 documents?
Which user agents are known to not support them then? Shouldn't such
advice be a bit more discrete?

--
leif halvard silli