Re: Notification: Role Attribute Editor's Draft available

Hi Ivan,

I wouldn't shoot you at all! You're exactly right that we can put the
@role data into a separate graph, if we want.

But that only solves the 'do we mandate role processing' question. We
still need to say that the bnodes are distinct...unfortunately.

The reason is that we already allow bnodes to be aligned, even if they
appear in different graphs. For example:

We've already agreed that we won't stop an RDFa parser from putting
'mycurie' into a different graph, if it understands it, even though we
know that the core RDFa processor doesn't understand it. But we've
also said that the 'dc:creator' triple that goes into the default
graph will have the same bnode as the triple going into 'mygraph'.

@role is the converse; we can't allow a person and an HTML element to
have the same bnode, even if they are in different graphs. So we can't
say that we don't care about the bnode use by @role, because it's in a
separate graph, because that doesn't give you any protection in our
'multi-graphed' world.

Regards,

Mark